It’s finally here! The week we have all been waiting for. It’s almost as exciting as Christmas: Yes, today is the first official day of Jello Week.
In 2001 Governor Leavitt and the Utah Senate made a significant decision that would change Utah forever. After much thought, consideration and debate, Jello was made Utah’s official state snack and the second full week in February was determined to be know heretofore after as Jello Week.
I know what you are thinking and it didn’t come easy. There of course were voices of dissent. Ron Allen for one said, “The suggestion that Jell-O is the carrot sprinkled glue that keeps families together has pushed me over the edge.” He apparently has not tasted my Jello- and as of this date it has never had carrots in it, but I plan to try that soon.
Top 24 Ways to Celebrate Jello Week
1. Have a Jello Eating Contest
2. Drink Jello Through a Straw
3. Have a Jello Making Contest
4. Have a Jello Wrestling Competition
5. Make Jello Shots (if you are not Mormon) if you are, talk to your Bishop
6. Buy a Jello Mold at a Near-by Thrift Shop
7. Make Jello With Your New Jello Mold
8. Buy a Jello Recipe Book
9. Try Out a New Recipe
10. Try a New Flavor- or Better Yet- Create Your Own Flavor. Mix Kinds and Give a Nifty Prize to the Person that Can Guess the Flavors.
11. Write a Letter to a Utah Congressman/Woman Telling About Your Jello Joys.
12. Take Jello to a Neighbor.
13. Take Jello to Work
14. Congeal Your Co-Workers Stapler or Other Item in Jello. See jellostapler.com for details.
15. Congeal Your Husband’s Car Keys in Jello
16. If You Have Had it with Your Teenager Texting, Congeal His/Her Cell Phone in Jello
17. Play a Jello Joy Joke
18. Have a Jello Buffet
Utah’s Delicate Arch
19. Fill Your Bathtub with Jello
20. Make Jello Jigglers
21. Try to Make a Delicate Arch Out of Jello
22. Make a Jello Valentine
23. Do Something Romantic with Jello
24. Make a Mold of Your Face with Jello. Google: Eat Yer’ Face Gelatin Mold
Go and have some Jello Joy this week! Let me know how you celebrate.